Live videos are always better. Sometimes, it is difficult for text messages to suffice to the needs. Therefore, we need a video call to the rescue. For business audiences or even with our colleagues, for that matter, there is always a need for screen recording software that will make half of your job hassle-free.
Sometimes, it also becomes very time-consuming and ends us losing interest in the area. Therefore, screen recording software is the best when you wish to capture someone’s attention.
In addition to this, you can also imagine the pain one might have to go through to write everything down. Instead, the best thing that works here is a screen recording software to do the needful. There are situations when there is a requirement to present your screen to an audience group.
Situations like these call for the best recording software. For conducting online webinars, tutorials, etc., this screen recording software has a magnificent role to play.
Best Screen Recording Software
When we speak of spending money on software like these, it has to be beneficial in the end.
When you pay after using the trial versions, there are chances of disappointment knocking on your door when you know the amount you paid was not worth your expectations. This happens to all of us many times.
Therefore, your buck from your pocket must go in the right place and in the right direction. Here are some of the best screen recording software that will help you get the best recording software.
Are you specific with details? Do you look for features when choosing the screen recording software? If the answer is yes, then you have the right software. Camtasia keeps in mind the features and details when it comes to offering it to the target audience.
Camtasia came into existence in 2002, developed by TechSmith; the sole purpose was to create online videos and tutorials. The software is compatible with both Windows and Mac and provides extensive support to different video formats that help in the import and export of various projects.
This screen recording software is ideal for making and recording videos on YouTube, creating educational content, and so on.
There are many reasons why you should opt for Camtasia, here are a few.
- Ideal for Recording meetings, recording video tutorials, video lessons, and YouTube Videos.
- Includes webcams.
- Allows editing frame-by-frame.
- Provides flexibility to add captions, quizzes, and callouts on your video recordings.
- Access to the huge library that contains royalty-free and sound effects.
- Importing videos, music, and photos already present in your library.
- Multi-tasking User Interface.
- Expenses are high for this specific screen recorder.
Screencastify is an extension of Chrome that is also known for being one of the best screen recording software. It is compatible with recording your face, screen, face, and so on.
In the Chrome toolbar, you can easily look up for Screencastify icon to embed it in your browser. There you can find multiple options for Screencastify to record. With the help of Screencastify, you can easily record videos with a single click on Chrome. Furthermore, you can also capture every activity that takes place on the screen or use a camera to film a video for yourself.
When you are recording, there are different tools that you can use to write, erase, or draw. Alternatively, Screencastify also provides an option to play the audio in the same tab where you are recording the video. This is a peculiar characteristic of recording software.
Screencastify – Pros
- This software is versatile and easy to use.
- Adds a new dimension to your traditional classic presentation.
Screencastify – Cons
- Screencastify will work only for you if you are using a Chrome browser.
- For the audience to stay hooked, it needs great content creation and planning.
3. Apowersoft Unlimited
Apowersoft Unlimited screen recorder is an easy-to-use recording tool. This is highly used at a professional level and as a desktop tool that helps in recording activities you perform on screen. Additionally, it also allows you to save audio activities accordingly.
Along with all these, it also helps in saving videos as standard MP4 files, which you are free to access anytime. The software also has a built-in-converter; you can easily convert MP4s into a different file format. Some of the formats for conversion include AVI, WMV, SWF, and FLV. Except for these mentioned, there are also other formats that these videos can be easily converted into.
Don’t worry; all these conversions would not cost any loss and quality of data.
Apowersoft Unlimited – Pros
Some of the advantages that Apowersoft Unlimited offers are: –
1. Ultimate Recording Software
Clicking the kind of video you want through Apowersoft Unlimited is just a click away. Create videos, tutorials, or lectures with Apowersoft would have never been easier.
It also has a flexible design that will help to capture any screen online without any problem.
2. Recording Anything on Screen
Unlike many other software recording tools, Apowersoft doesn’t limit what you are recording. Users get the flexibility to capture and record screen for as long as they want. Record an entire TV Series or a lecture for that matter, completely hassle-free
Apowersoft Unlimited – Cons
- It adds multiple links to menu and toolbar.
Screenflow is a screen recording software that works wonders with Mac. There are tons of features that it offers and helps in recording the entire screen or view some part of it.
In addition to these, it also allows users to readjust, trim, delete, and modify different portions in a recording. Also, some functionalities involve high customization as well. Some of its extensive features include high-quality recording, no caption support, motion orientation, and so on. Due to this, it makes Screenflow the best option out there out of the lot.
Some of its key features include: –
- Partial and full support for caption
- Customization is easy
- Features like ‘drop shadow’ and ‘reflection’
- iOS recording
Screenflow – Pros
- Highly integrated with Dropbox.
- Reasonable price.
- Exporting High-end videos.
Screenflow – Cons
- You can’t upgrade the software for free.
- Doesn’t allow drawing while you are recording.
- Usage restricted to Mac users only; not compatible with other devices.
- Not user-friendly and doesn’t have an interactive graphic UI.
- Transition from one platform to another takes time and effort.
5. Movavi Screen Recorder Studio
Movavi Screen Recorder is also a screen recording software that is easy to use and user-friendly. It is a user-friendly tool that makes recording computer screens, saving recordings, capturing camera actions, and so on a tiresome job to do.
Moreover, users can also save recordings in different formats like GIFs and videos. Additionally, take screenshots of snippets they wish to not save.
You also can upload all your recordings directly on Google Drive or YouTube to share them with your target audience and collect feedback.
Movavi Screen Recorder – Pros
- Has webcam incorporated.
- Separate and simultaneous recording of audio and video.
- Allows access to edit screenshots after capturing them.
- Display of mouse on the screen while recording to adjust changes (if any).
- Lets you record on a schedule.
- All the videos can be saved in HD and also extends in support to different formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, and MKV.
Movavi Screen Recorder – Cons
- You have to get a different program for editing as it has no designated tool for editing.
- Has periodic crashing issues
- With trial versions, recording limits to 5 minutes or less.
The price that you will have to use the software would be $39.95 if you use it on one computer. Also, you get a free trial for 7 days.
Next up in our list of screen recording software is Bandicam. Bandicam is a very lightweight recorder mostly used as a screen recorder for Windows.
It also provides flexibility to its users to capture anything they wish to right from their PC screen. Alternatively, along with the recording, they can also save these videos in high quality.
With the help of this application, it also becomes easy to record videos of a specific section on your PC screen. Also, if you are a gaming fan, you can also capture a game that uses multiple technologies for adding graphics.
Bandicam also allows users to capture screens in a high-end ratio. However, in this case, the videos and their qualities aren’t compromised. Comparing it to other devices with similar functions and features, Bandicam works out the best in all cases.
Bandicam – Pros
- Exceptionally best for being adaptive. Records videos in excellent quality. Users can also share recorded videos.
- Let’s you record your desktop in high-quality.
- Ideal from a business perspective.
Bandicam – Cons
- The trial version is tiresome. You only get 10 minutes of recording window which is not a very great highlight to have.
- The watermark in every video that you record if you opt for the trial version.
7. FlashBack Pro
Another great screen recording software on our list is Flashback Pro. It is as great as any other software device that will help to create engaging videos. Along with that, it also helps to capture sound while recording through a webcam on this software.
You also get the accessibility to share the recorded content online in any format you desire. Share your video tutorials or conduct online meetings, all of them can be shared easily over the media with anyone you wish to.
Flashback Pro – Features
- It is known for being the best screen recording software because of its ability to capture any segment from your PC and then transform it into a video file. This ideally works in all cases.
- To make your content more professional and to send across the professional vibe to your videos, you can add cut-outs, images, comments, etc to explain the concept better.
- Add annotations.
- Audio and frame editing is easy with Flashback Pro
- Flashback Pro has its watermark on all the videos you record through the software
- You can also upload all your recording content directly on YouTube. Also, you can edit these videos as per your preference to work diagonally.
- Allows recording of content from multiple screens at once.
CloudApp is also known for being the #1 recorder for Chrome browser. It just takes seconds for users to capture their screen, webcam, and video screenshots instantly.
For better communication, using this screen recording software you can also capture, record, share these recordings with your social group as and when you want them. CloudApp lets you capture short link URLs for private and public uploads and then present it easily to your customers and team of officials.
Visual communication has changed the way we think and the way technology works. It has also changed the way people live and communicate with others.
CloudApp – Features
- With CloudApp, it is easy to share what recordings are currently taking place on your screen. The app is a great way to capture the attention of your customer while you are delivering a presentation. Sharing your recordings with your favorite application is just a click away.
- When it is not enough for words to get the job done, you can consider taking help from full and partial screenshots. Capture snippets or your whole screen, images, and different screenshots which can include texts, comments, arrows, emojis, and everything that you want to make clear to the audience
Zappy is a one-stop destination as a screen recording software for Mac users. This is by far known to be an all-in-one process to share GIFs, screenshots, recordings, etc. with your friends and team members.
If you are not remote and have an extended bandwidth, communication is a blockage. Zappy has a team of 300+ that works round the clock for more than 17 time zones. It has been operational for the past 8 years without an office.
Therefore, to ensure that the remote teams don’t miss out on a lot, Zappy was introduced. It is known to be the fastest tool for capturing screens or anything depending on the requirement. Additionally, users also get to share what they see and even communicate better.
MacOs is going to release its latest version with the software using Zappy. This has been done keeping in mind to help folks who are working remote. Cloud-based hosting also enables hosting.
Zappy – Features
- Capture with a shortcut – You can use a keyboard shortcut to accommodate the screen dumps accordingly. Drag and drop any portion of your screen to adjust the changes as you would want them.
- Annotations help in adding or highlighting a specific section of your screen. Use colorful texts, colors, and drawings to communicate better. For extra speed, use the keyboard shortcut.
- Enter button will save the generated screenshot on your computer.
- Furthermore, zappy helps to make upload instants directly on the cloud and copy a URL directly on your keyboard.
10. OBS Studio
Speaking of general screen recording software, OBS Studio is our top pick from the chart. There are many features of OBS Studio that will make the audience fall for it. The standalone screen recorder of the software calls for many of its features that aims at offering services to people.
What are the reasons behind this being so powerful and special out of the lot? Well, to start off with the basics, it provides a lot of control over the segments of your screen you wish to capture. With the help of OBS, you can either record a section of your screen, a portion of it, or the entire window.
It also gives users the privilege to customize the look and feel of all the recordings. Additionally, you can also adjust different transitions amid the recordings.
OBS Studio – Pros
Some of the primary reasons to opt for this screen recording software are: –
- HD Recording and Streaming are easy.
- Restriction-free recordings of videos.
- it is open-source software and is also free of ads.
- Allows more than one service to stream at once.
- Configuration options that are more advanced and provide such features.
- Built-in audio mixers and filters.
OBS Studio – Cons
- The user interface of OBS Studio is quite clunky for a few avid audiences.
- Doesn’t allow quick screen recording and is not suited for the same.
- Crashes often.
Screencast-O-Matic saw its initial release in the year 2006 and is a well-renowned screen-casting and screen recording software that permits video editing. It is a free as well as a paid software that works well with Windows, Mac, and Chrome OS.
This screen recording software works best in the education sector. It adds a great deal of help that helps students with lots of other options like recording assignments, preparing lectures and tutorials, and so on. It is also the best option when it comes to giving a demo for its products and create a walkthrough for video games.
Screencast-O-Matic – Pros
Here are the some of the reasons Screencast-O-Matic is the best to consider: –
- With the paid version, you can also successfully remove the watermark.
- Editing of the audio track is easy
- It is one of the budget-friendly screen recording software to consider.
- Earn discounts by creating accounts and referring them to friends.
Screencast-O-Matic – Cons
- Free version will not help you get rid of the watermark
- Recording screen time is for 15 mins if you are using the free version
- Opt for the paid version since the free one offers minimal features to consider
12. FlashBack Express
Are you wondering the right place to whip down your videos short and then post them online as per your convenience?
Well, FlashBack Express might be just the right one for you. It is a screen recording software that helps in recording screen activity, along with sound effects. Moreover, you can also add these videos directly on YouTube.
FlashBack Express helps in creating instructional videos that allows recording step-to-step process.
FlashBack Express – Key Features
- Allows users to produce and engage users in short clips, presentations, and demo. This can be done with the help of webcam and sound recordings.
- It helps to capture anywhere from your PC Screen
- Webcam footage that adds to screen recording
- Embed audio commentary as soon as you record them
- Allows to record movies with no watermarks in them
13. Debut Video Capture
Debut Video Capture is a new addition to the list of screen recording software. Well, it blends as a well-designed outdated option that also offers a new favor to the audience.
Debut Video Capture is a screen recording software that is extremely powerful and has the capability to do a lot more than just capture videos.
Apart from being the best recording software that ensures no limitations or watermarks. It also lets users add footage from other external footage that includes web cameras and security cameras. For a device that is totally free to use, it isn’t a shabby one to consider honestly.
It offers all the usual options for recording that gives the access to the users to record the entire screen or a whole window.
Debut Video Capture – Pros
- It is a screen recording software that is completely free to use for personal usage.
- Allows to use of web cameras and security cameras, for recording from external cameras
- It allows recording if they are scheduled
- Very customizable for this software making it the most used and loved one out of the lot
Debut Video Capture – Cons
- The interface of Debut Video Capture looks a little outdated.
ShareX is known for being the best free screen recording software for users that is available in the market right now.
It allows the users to capture the whole screen or different sections of the screen as per the users’ requirements. Furthermore, it offers high options for customizations that fulfill the needs of the users.
You can further upload these to various destinations and then use them to annotate recordings. For now, it is compatible only with Windows.
It is known to be best for creating education related tutorials, demos, and hands-on demonstrations.
ShareX – Pros
- Allows easy import of videos, music, or photos
- Brings along a ton of color effects
- No watermark
- Gives flexibility to the users to combine images (select many images at once and then combine them to use them in your video)
ShareX – Cons
- Recording resolution is low.
- No dedicated team for providing customer support.
- No video editor.
- Only available for Windows but not for Mac Users.
- Doesn’t provide a lot of help to upload large files.
- No support for webcam recording.
- Not friendly with users.
CamStudio came into the highlight as a screen recording software in the year 2011 by a company called RenderSoft. Furthermore, it was re-released later by Microsoft as a video and screen recording software.
It is a perfect software that helps and adds to create screencasts and demonstrations. Additionally, it also uses the AVI Format. The video files that you record using the software helps to convert them into Flash and MP4 format as well.
Along with being free and open-source, it has other punches when it describing the features. CamStudio offers unlimited videos to record. Moreover, you can also add more than one extension, setup, and a lot more than that.
CamStudio – Pros
- Open-source and completely free to use
- No time limit for video recording
- Easy to create training videos and demo tutorials
- Time-stamp or watermark added on the videos
- Multiple video styling features
- Allows to continue installation effort-free
CamStudio – Cons
- No compressors
- No file type on display
- The output is very restricted to AVI or SWF
- Output file sometimes is way too large to interpret
- Game-recording doesn’t go very well with CamStudio
Screen Recording Software – Uses
Screen recording software are used for many reasons. Their usage range from creating educational videos to recording online games. It has plenty of usage in variety of areas.
Some of the other common uses of the these screen recording software would be creating storyboard, drafting manuals, adding to different projects and presentations, and so on.
Frequently Asked Questions on Screen Recording Software
What is ‘Screen Recording Software’?
A screen recording software could be a software or an application that you can use as per your convenience to record your screen directly on your PC or Laptop. Along with that, you also get the accessibility to save the video in any format. For example MP4, GIF, and so on
Which out of the following or from out of the list is the best screen recording software for Windows?
Some of the best screen recording software for Windows would be Camtasia, Apowersoft.
How do we know if a screen recording software is good?
There are plenty of things to look at while you are deciding to go for a screen recording software that takes care of all your needs. Some of the major pointers to consider would be: –
1. It is an easy-to-use application.
2. Built-in import and export functionalities.
3. Highly acceptable to microphone and audio.
4. Allows external sources capture.
Before you jump to select the screen recording software for yourself, it is indeed important that you select the one that fits all your needs.
It is very important to choose the perfect screen recording software to continue constructing successful business plans. The best thing about all the tools and screen recording software that we have compiled in the list is its free access and the free trial version.
This will help in making a better choice once you use the free trial version. Therefore, it is best to understand the requirements of the video tools that you want.