If you are thinking of growing your online business, then Email marketing software is a must-have tool. The question that might have popped up in your head is ‘Why?’
To successfully grow a business, you need to nurture potential customers and turn your one-time customers into loyal, dedicated fans of your business.
In this ultimate guide, we will dive into the best email marketing software in the market. We will also look at some of the tips and guidelines to effectively growing your market via email marketing while also answering any questions that you may have related to email marketing software.
Let’s get right to it then!
Best Email Marketing Software
GetResponse is a widely used email marketing automation tool with a great range of features. They offer email marketing campaigns, high-converting landing pages, and webinar software to boost your online business and increase your audience base.
In general, for marketers and business users, GetResponse may be a perfect option, covering everything from customer relations management to coaching to sales meetings.
They also include many integrations available with other popular third-party platforms, including SalesForce, Slack, WordPress, and Facebook, along with many e-commerce and merchant gateway platforms such as Magento, Shopify, Etsy, Stripe, and Paypal.
The key feature, though, is their awesome autoFunnel, and this tool can be used to create funnels for sales, leads, webinars, and many more.
Their support system is also really great and is provided by phone, live chat, and email.
GetResponse also publishes a range of valuable marketing tools, such as classes, whitepapers, and videos that direct you through various facets of email marketing.
If you’re looking for an email marketing software that comes with a stunning and smooth user interface, then GetResponse could be the right option for you.
Key Features of GetResponse:
- Conversion funnel: A conversion funnel is a great tool for online sellers who are looking for something to ease the selling process. They have everything covered from generating traffic, nurturing new signups, and converting them into paying customers.
- Webinars: This helps you to connect with your audience anywhere, anytime. This tool is designed to increase conversions and engagement. It has a simple set up and no installation is required for it to work.
- Transactional email: This helps you to confirm orders, receipts, reminders, and marketing emails in one location. Also, you can use API or SMTP-triggered transactional emails to send notifications and keep your customers updated with their purchases.
Pros of GetResponse:
- Excellent funnel builder.
- Support is provided in a variety of languages.
- Comprehensive report features.
- Generous discounts are given when you pay upfront.
- The drag and drop feature needs improvement.
- Mobile optimization feature only available on higher plans.
Pricing of GetResponse:
Basic — Starting at $15 per month
- Unlimited landing pages
- 1 sale funnel
- Unlimited lead funnels
- Sell e-products.
Plus — Starting at $49 per month
- Automation builder with 5 workflows.
- 5 sales funnels.
- Contact scoring capability.
- Webinars with up to 100 attendees.
- CRM software.
Professional — Starting at $99 per month
- Automation builder with unlimited workflows.
- Paid webinars with up to 300 attendees.
- Unlimited sales funnels.
- Unlimited webinar funnels.
Enterprise — Starting at $1,199 per month
- Transactional emails.
- Dedicated IP.
- Webinars with up to 500 attendees.
- Consulting services for email campaigns.
- Dedicated account manager.
You also have the option of testing out its value using the 30 days free trial after which you can upgrade to any of the paid plans.
The least expensive plan is the $15-per-month email tier, which lets you contact up to 1,000 subscribers. Packages with access to the Auto funnel feature start at $49 per month with the Plus plan.
The Basic Plan scales up to a maximum of $450 per month for 100,000 contacts.
Signing up on an annual basis gives you a discount of 15% while paying upfront for two years gives you a 30% discount.
2. Constant Contact
This email marketing service, which was founded in 1995, definitely comes at the second number of this list.
Constant Contact is one of the world’s most prominent and most exponentially rising email marketing services.
They offer a variety of fantastic tools that could boost your customer base straight up to the top.
Their beginner-friendly and straightforward interface make it easy for small businesses to focus more on their customers.
Key Features of Constant Contact:
- Ready-to-use templates: Constant Contact focuses on optimizing your time by offering more than 160 of their template library and a branded template builder that can create an email to match a company’s website with a minimum of clicks.
- Drag and drop feature: You get to customize and design great-looking emails that stand out on every device using the drag-and-drop feature. Dragging and dropping images and videos isn’t so bad, actually even fun to do.
- Email marketing automation: Constant Contact leads the market with its email marketing automation feature. This helps you boost sales by keeping your audience engaged and building lasting relationships.
- You can also trigger welcome messages for new subscribers and set up drip campaigns based on their responses. This also enables you to automatically resend emails to non-openers and offers great other features like contact segmentation and powerful list-building tools.
- Tracking the result of your campaigns in real-time, as well as data for each subscriber is also an added feature.
- Event management: Constant Contact makes available a unique event management tool that can manage registration, invitation, and tickets.
- eCommerce: This eCommerce tool is built to help you grow your online store. You are able to find new customers, keep them engaged, and keep them coming back for more with segmented and automated emails. It offers everything you need to build a strong relationship with potential clients.
- Social Marketing: This feature enables you to observe how your social campaigns are performing, create updates and easily respond to mentions, comments, and direct messages.
- Constant Contact added an incredible tool that allows you to create Facebook and Instagram ads. This can create awareness for your brand, website traffic, and sales. You can also optimize your ads using detailed metrics and insights.
- Contact list management: This powerful tool helps you to manage your contact list with little or no stress from your end.
- Tracking tools: This is one of the best features for me. Being able to efficiently and accurately track who opens, clicks, and shares your email is an invaluable asset that cannot be replaced. This tool enables you to segment contacts and creates more targeted lists based on the content they click on.
Pros of Constant Contact:
- Friendly customer support.
- Powerful and easy UI. This makes the creation of emails fast even for non-technical users.
- Modern templates are available to users.
- Great social media integrations.
- UI of the contact page is not the best. The database is also not well organized.
- Pricing may be way above budget when you have a large contact list.
- Templates don’t offer much flexibility.
Pricing of Constant Contact:
Pricing starts at 20$ per month which gives you access to unlimited emails, easy tracking and reporting, a free image library, list segmentation, and an awesome eCommerce integration. Luckily for business owners, they are able to test out all these thanks to a 30 days free trial.
- 0 – 500 Subscribers — Starting at $20 per month
- 501 – 2,500 Subscribers — Starting at $45 per month
- 2,501 – 5,000 Subscribers — Starting at $65 per month
- 5,001 – 10,000 Subscribers — Starting at $95 per month.
- 0 – 500 Subscribers — Starting at $45 per month
- 501 – 2,500 Subscribers — Starting at $70 per month
- 2,501 – 5,000 Subscribers — Starting at $95 per month
- 5,001 – 10,000 Subscribers — Starting at $125 per month.
You can gain subscribers way up to 50,000, however, when you reach 10,000 subscribers you are automatically upgraded to the email plus plan.
The pricing for a business with more than 500 subscribers may seem a bit pricy, however, while many email marketing tools also have restrictions on the number of messages you can send in a month, Constant Contact does not. Most of Constant Contact’s clients are “microbusinesses with limited time to deal with newsletters.
The plus plan comes with more advanced features like subject line A/B testing, dynamic content, and automated behavioral campaigns. You’ll also get access to personalized demographic data, coupons, polls, and surveys.
Constant Contact also added several integrations, partnering with Facebook, Eventbrite, WordPress, Salesforce, and Shopify, among others.
This leading email marketing service is an email and SMS marketing software designed for all business types. What sets them apart is their free service, enabling unlimited contacts and up to 300 emails per day. A pretty good deal, I can say!
The Sendingblue email marketing software is designed to help beginners create marketing campaigns without needing much technical experience. Its simplicity, equipped with excellent tools, is what makes Sendinblue #3 on the list.
Sendinblue becomes one of the top rising email marketing software in Europe. It is also one of the best transactional email services.
It sports a well-designed and easy-to-learn interface that covers email marketing and supports newsletters, automation, and essential customer relationship management (CRM) functionality.
Key Features of Sendinblue:
- Personalization: This enables you to build a professional-looking email in no time. Choose to start with an email template, library template, or create a new design from scratch.
- Use the drag and drop builder to add blocks and styles that adequately match your brand and interest your audience.
- Sendinblue also helps you to group contacts however you want and take the plan further by selecting even smaller segments depending on the factors you want (e.g. sex, geography, history of sales, etc.) for a more tailored approach.
- SMS marketing: Sendinblue helps you to boost time-sensitive and exclusive events by delivering bulk SMS marketing campaigns to a contact list in your database. Just write your email, pick a list, and plan it to be delivered when you want to.
- Set up transactional SMS for order confirmations, shipping updates, and more using their API, marketing automation, or one of their plugins.
- Use segmentation to personalize SMS messages and add individual contact attributes dynamically, such as first or last name, business name, or other details you have about your contacts.
- CRM: It was never easier to get set up on a CRM. No installation or special service is required, just upload your contact details and start without any difficulty handling your customer relationships.
In your CRM, build assignments, delegate them to multiple members of your staff, and add a deadline to keep on track. Take things even further by using marketing automation to automate follow-up emails and contact list management.
- Marketing automation: This feature enables you to automate certain tasks in your workflow by specifying an automation workflow. It is especially great for beginners who just want to automate necessary email chains. The automated tasks include sending emails and SMS messages, organizing contacts into different lists, and updating information in your contact database.
Set up a workflow to deliver a welcoming email automatically when a customer signs up, or plan an automated message to wish them a happy birthday with a coupon code.
- Chats: Build a smooth experience for website visitors by setting up and personalizing your chat atmosphere to fit your organization. Customize the colors, then add the name and logo of your brand, so your customers can know that it is you immediately.
On your website, set up Chat and start chatting to guests in no time. If your chat environment and business profile have been configured on the app, just copy the code snippet and paste it into your website header—then start chatting with your website guests.
In real-time, answer questions from leads and clients, straight from your Sendinblue Chat Inbox. To make it much better, to save you and your customers time, you will see exactly which page on your website the user is directly on in the chat.
Pros of Sendinblue:
- Competitive pricing
- The free plan offers unlimited contacts
- Stellar deliverability rate
- A remarkable range of automation
- Basic CRM features
- Basic templates available needs improvement
- Limited integrations offered
Pricing of Sendinblue:
Sendinblue’s pricing is based on the number of emails you wish to send per month. All plans include unlimited contacts.
The free plan offers include unlimited contacts and 300 emails
Lite plan costs $25 per month allowing 40,000 emails, its Essential plan costs $39 per month for 60,000 emails, and its Premium plan costs $66 per month for 120,000 emails.
Companies not satisfied with the lower plans can choose to go with the Enterprise plan that allows custom pricing for companies that need to exceed the 120,000 emails.
The pricing is relatively cheap and it’s a go-to for small-sized and medium-sized companies.
Another standard solution for email marketing is Mailchimp. Since it’s versatile, inexpensive, and can expand with your company, it’s geared towards start-ups.
Because they can start for free, many people prefer Mailchimp. If you have less than 2,000 subscribers on your list, you won’t be required to pay anything.
As a small enterprise, it’s good to know that without paying a monthly charge early on, you can launch an email list with Mailchimp.
This offers you time before you have to pay to grow your list and get the best out of it. Your corporation should be in a position to handle the additional expense by the time you reach 2,000 subscribers.
Like many other products, there’s a built-in builder, selling a range of models that can be edited to your preferences. You can add elements like clickable text, graphics, and logos, and if you have the necessary coding skills, there is even the possibility of creating your own email from scratch.
Mailchimp provides a simple drag-and-drop email creator, autoresponders, segmentation of contacts, and easy analytical monitoring.
It also enables you to schedule distribution times depending on the customer’s time zones, and you can set up geolocation-based segmentation.
On the integration front, too, Mailchimp does well, particularly for online retailers. To submit tailored product promotions, you can connect the device to utilities such as Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento. You can assess your success rate through the report feature once you have launched your campaign.
The new features of Mailchimp have also progressed to domain name search and hosting and website construction, and they have maintained it within their typical product structure. Mailchimp would stand out enough to draw clients from new potential markets for this variety of new features.
Help from Mailchimp is supported by email, live chat, and a vast knowledge base of tutorials. Their support, though, is always slow and doesn’t meet the level of service you get from Constant Contact.
Key Features of Mailchimp:
- Drag-and-drop builder: The use of their pre-designed models and drag-and-drop builder makes it a breeze to develop meaningful and engaging emails.
- Content studio: You can keep and maintain all your photos and archives in the content studio of Mailchimp so that you can still find what your campaigns need.
- Marketing automation: Whether you’re checking off your to‑do list with an automated email or using their customer journey tool to build relationships, you can always reach the right person at the right time.
- Real-time analytics: Do you wish you could know more about what works and what doesn’t work? You’re going to. And it is now part of your account with Mailchimp. Keep track with their built-in analytics tool of open rates, clicks, and segment data.
- Mobile optimization: Mailchimp’s smartphone app lets you create, edit, and monitor email campaign success wherever you are. Plus, on the smartphone, notebook, and desktop, their models are built to look amazing.
- Transactional email: Send quick, customized transactional emails using API or SMTP, right when your customers need them, such as order confirmations.
Pros of Mailchimp:
- A generous free plan that comes with all the features you need start out
- Powerful and simple editor
- Offers the option of importing your own template
- Thorough report features
- Plain and sometimes unattractive template that requires time to customize
- Limited marketing automation
Pricing of Mailchimp:
The price system of Mailchimp makes it a win-win situation for corporations to have a trial before they invest.
With a lengthy and notably generous list of features relative to the competition, the $0 free plan seems like a perfect starting point, including seven marketing platforms, one-click automation, simple models, marketing CRM, polls, websites, and personalized domains.
Mailchimp provides a free package that allows you to send up to 2,000 emails to 12,000 subscribers.
This plan is comparatively small because you do not get functionality such as send-time management, advanced segmentation, multi-variate checking, etc. You are also expected to include the MailChimp logo at the footer of your email.
Last but not least, support is limited to email only, which is excellent if you are an enthusiast, but as a serious business, you require credible support on which you can rely.
Their paid plans for up to 500 subscribers range at $10/month, and the price rises as the number of subscribers increases.
However, you will have to switch to their $299 a month package if you want limitless audiences, advanced audience segmentation, multi-variate testing, and comparative reporting.
Free — $0
- Up to 2,000 contacts
- 7 marketing channels
- 1 audience
- Basic templates
- Behavioral targeting
Essentials — Starting at $9.99 per month
- Up to 50,000 contacts
- 3 audiences
- Access to all Mailchimp templates
- A/B testing
- Custom branding
- 24/7 support
Standard — Starting at $14.99 per month
- Up to 100,000 contacts
- 5 audiences
- Event-based automation
- Retargeting capability
- Custom templates
- Advanced insights.
Premium — Starting at $299 per month
- Up to 200,000 contacts
- Unlimited audiences
- Advanced segmentation
- Multivariate tests
- Phone support.
ConvertKit is a relatively basic email marketing platform that bloggers and online course instructors use almost entirely to grow their brands.
You can create unique forms with ConvertKit and deliver personalized emails to individual subscribers.
If you’re hunting for drag-and-drop builders and plenty of pre-built models, you’re better off using some other tools. Currently, ConvertKit has only a few templates, which are all very straightforward. But that doesn’t mean that they don’t get the job done.
A lot of ConvertKit features are developed especially for designers and professional bloggers, and that is why we rate them as professional blogger’s best email marketing service.
Pros of ConvertKit:
- Simple and easy to use user interface.
- The deliverability rate is extremely good.
- Awesome subscriber tagging functionality.
- Lacks integrations with e-commerce platforms.
- Expensive compared to competitors.
- Limited A/B functionality.
- Options for form customization need improvement.
Pricing of ConvertKit:
You can sign up for a free 14-day trial with ConvertKit, so you can try the service without any commitments.
Free Plan: Free plan up to 1000 subscribers with limited features.
Paid Email Plans details are given below:
- $29/month – For 0 – 1000 subscribers and all features.
- $49/month – For 1000 – 3000 subscribers and all features.
- $79/month – For 3000 – 5000 subscribers and all features.
ActiveCampaign, which was less popular, is now one of the leading marketing tools in the industry to gain a large number of small business clients.
They are known for being very affordable and having very easy to use features.
ActiveCampaign introduced the visual automation builder, which helps anybody to develop successful email automation sequences with no past knowledge required, unlike other email marketing software that need pricey professionals and expertise to use.
ActiveCampaign is rich in revenue-boosting capabilities, despite being so quick to use. ActiveCampaign offers an outstanding toolkit for small companies to grow their business, from predictive sending and predictive content to activating SMS messages or site messages on the website.
In automation sequences, they also have the potential to run A/B split checks, allowing you to focus on more critical things and let the automation sequences refine themselves.
Email deliverability is another strong selling point, a rating higher than the other channels on this chart. Their emails are the least likely to be identified as spam and have the highest chance of reaching Gmail and Outlook’s main inboxes.
It’s an ease to automate the list groups, and based on complex email content, sales follow-ups, and more, you can create list triggers and transfer users.
It is stable and easy to handle email workflows. All of this data syncs with their built-in CRM to provide enhanced lead scoring capabilities for sales teams.
ActiveCampaign also integrates with over 250 applications, including Shopify, WooCommerce, Facebook, Zapier, Unbounce, Stripe, and PayPal.
So overall, if you’re looking for an advanced CRM, lead scoring, and fast deliverability speeds, ActiveCampaign is the right platform to use.
Key Features of ActiveCampaign:
- Messaging; Live chat, automated chatbot workflows, and a unified inbox help you communicate across networks with your customers and provide timely, impactful aid.
- Sales CRM: A sales CRM with automation prevents the workspace from piling up duties. Automate lead prioritization and monitoring of communications so that you have time to sell.
- Text message and SMS marketing: Text Messaging and SMS ads reach out to users on the go. Automation of the SMS campaign makes it easy to meet people while they’re out and about.
Pros of ActiveCampaign:
- Great integration feature with WordPress.
- Affordable pricing.
- The visual automation feature is a big plus.
- Report functionality can be difficult to navigate.
- CRM needs enhancement.
- Offers to do account migration for free.
Pricing of ActiveCampaign:
- 500 contacts — $15 per month
- 1,000 contacts — $29 per month
- 2,500 contacts — $49 per month
- 5,000 contacts — $89 per month
- 10,000 contacts — $139 per month
- 25,000 contacts — $225 per month.
- 1,000 contacts — $70 per month
- 2,500 contacts — $125 per month
- 5,000 contacts — $169 per month
- 10,000 contacts — $249 per month
- 25,000 contacts — $339 per month.
- 2,500 contacts — $159 per month
- 5,000 contacts — $239 per month
- 10,000 contacts — $349 per month
- 25,000 contacts — $599 per month.
ActiveCampaign also provides enterprise-level offers as well and this requires you to contact their team to get a personalized price list from them.
You can take advantage of a 14-day free trial and save around 20 percent a month if you sign up for a yearly billing instead of a month-to-month one.
Drip is a CRM that offers great email marketing to e-commerce companies.
Drip is an incredibly great asset to e-commerce retailers who intends to turn their potential clients or one time consumers into subscribers using intelligent marketing automation.
It offers more than just the regular email marketing services. It allows you to have relevant conversations with your buyers and send emails at appropriate times by using behavioral strategies.
You can tailor your messages based on patterns such as cart abandonment, first-time users, returning site guests, people who clicked on a link on your site, etc.
Features such as smarter email segmenting, split testing features, list groups, and a visual workflow builder enable you to reach targeted customers in your email list to get more sales.
Their email marketing software provides smooth functionality with all popular website creators, including WordPress and WooCommerce. This helps you quickly add pop-ups/opt-in forms to your website and catch more leads.
Help resources for Drip include live chat support, webinars, automation training, informative classes, free guides, and excellent documents.
We think Drip is the best email marketing platform for eCommerce websites and business owners who want more sophisticated functionality to optimize their marketing activities, even though it’s a little costly.
Key Features of Drip:
- Optimization: This allows you to gain clarity on which tactics are paying off and which you need to modify a bit to gain more audience. You only need a one-time set up which makes things easier to start gathering all the sales attribution data you need for better decision making.
You are also able to see your must-have engagement metrics such as opens, clicks, and unsubscribers alongside overall revenue, revenue per subscriber, and more for every email you send or workflow you make. Drip also allows you to get a spot-on understanding of the types of experiences that have the biggest impact on your customers.
- Personalization: Drip allows you to show customers you care with spot-on personalization. About 90 percent of individuals are most likely to shop with stores with personalized content that remember and recognize them. With interactive content including exclusive coupon codes, product reviews, price drop alerts, and more content customers care about, you bring all the consumer data you follow to good use.
- Engagement: Your customer’s journey doesn’t stop on your platform. Drip allows you to know what your clients are up to at all times so you can that intuition to send them Facebook and Instagram commercials that best compliment the email they have just sent, the postcard in their inbox, or whatever solution you’re cooking up through your marketing platforms.
Pros of Drip:
- Allows to enable custom CTAs to your website visitors
- Wonderful e-commerce CRM features
- Strong integrations offered
- Limited form builder
- Campaigns could be complicated
Pricing of Drip:
Drip does not offer a free plan, however, you are able to test out their features using the 14 days free trial.
Their prices are dependent on the number of customers in your account and all plans have all tools and features available to you.
- 2,500 subscribers — $49 per month
- 5,000 subscribers — $122 per month
- 10,000 subscribers — $184 per month
- 15,000 subscribers — $246 per month
- 20,000 subscribers — $308 per month
- 25,000 subscribers — $370 per month
- 35,000 subscribers — $494 per month
- 50,000 subscribers — $680 per month
- 130,000 subscribers — $1,630 per month.
This is an email marketing software that has been around for a while. It is a great tool for small business owners.
They offer over drag-and-drop email builders, email newsletters, list management tools, analytics reports, simple integrations, email automation, and a wide variety of templates.
Live chat, phone support, email support, live webinars, and a large collection of tutorials are all support options.
Popular for increased deliverability speeds and email monitoring, Aweber is a good option for beginners in email marketing.
Key Features of AWeber:
- Smart Designer: This uses Artificial Intelligence to power email design template that automatically creates amazing-looking branded emails in just seconds.
- Auto-Newsletters: This feature enables you to automate email content creation by broadcasting the latest posts from your blogs.
- Automated creations: With this, you get to assign triggers and flows to your emails that deliver the right message, to the right person – at the right time.
- AWeber Atom: This helps you to build your list on the go by quickly creating a signup form on your mobile device that adds new people to your mailing list.
- Aweber stats: This allows you to analyze the results of your emails and campaigns on your mobile device.
- Easy Subscriber Management: AWeber offers an easy way to manage the people on your lists and categorize them so it’s fast & easy for you to send emails to those who will respond to offers.
Pros of AWeber:
- Wide range of templates accessible
- Free plan includes several features you need to function properly
- Great mobile optimization
- You can choose whether your users subscribe to your list on a single or double opt-in basis.
- Reasonably priced plans.
- Needs more modern templates
- Landing page builder doesn’t offer A/B testing.
Pricing of AWeber:
AWeber offers a limited free plan for up to 500 subscribers. With this free plan, you gain almost all of its services, including infinite landing pages, sign-up forms, automatic email promotions, hundreds of powerful integrations, and stellar customer service.
- 0 – 500 Subscribers — $19 per month
- 501 – 2,500 Subscribers — $29 per month
- 2,501 – 5,000 Subscribers — $49 per month
- 5,001 – 10,000 Subscribers — $69 per month
- 10,001 – 25,000 Subscribers — $149 per month
Moosend is a platform for email automation that lets you build your email list, configure messages, and automate activities so that you can concentrate on your relationships with customers.
Moosend is the best tool for small companies that need tools that don’t require much expertise and are essentially cost-effective.
Their app provides all the basics, from well-designed models to a visual campaign creator, to certain functionality, such as weather-based email prompts and cross-selling AI suggestions.
They have a big collection of email designs with numerous formats that are responsive and look fantastic on the web or smartphone.
Key Features of Moosend:
- Lead Generation: In no time, with its innovative features, Moosend’s app will transform you from lead generation beginner to conversion hero.
- Use their brand-new and fancy landing page builder and subscription form platform to capture prospect data and create your customer base in no time.
- Drag and drop editor: Use their simple to use drag and drop editor to create professional newsletters that look good on any device, with zero HTML knowledge. You can also choose from hundreds of up-to-date templates.
- Autopilot: Fall in love with email marketing with the highest conversion automation workflows that Moosend has built for you.
- Personalization: Discreetly and elegantly personalize your emails with subscriber-custom fields and show details specific to each recipient.
Pros of Moosend:
- Great customer support.
- Full integration with e-commerce platforms.
- Easy to import data.
- Emails could sometimes be flagged as spam
- Might be difficult to set up
Pricing of Moosend:
They provide customers with fewer than 1,000 subscriptions with a free package that offer sign-up forms, tracking, and the capacity to send unlimited emails.
The pricing for Moosend is based on the number of subscribers in your account.
Moosend paid plans start at $8 per month and increase with the number of subscribers. This plan comes with landing pages, transactional emails, great phone support, SMTP Server, and so on, but it doesn’t come with custom reporting.
The custom plan is also available with a broader range of options. This is done by contacting their services.
This is a basic email marketing software that focuses on affordability. If you are not able to go all-out spending on digital marketing, then this is the best tool for you.
MailerLite has a drag-and-drop editor, making it convenient to craft a high-quality message for everyone. To boost personalization, segment your subscribers and optimize your promotions with features such as A/B testing.
Other features such as marketing automation, landing pages, pop-ups, and surveys.
Key Features of MailerLite:
- Custom HTML email editor: This feature is for those who wish to code their own newsletters. Their user-friendly HTML email editor offers special features like a preview mode, auto-save, and an automatic email CSS Inliner.
- Drag & drop newsletter editor: There is no shame if you have no coding knowledge. These features grant you a quick and easy way to design newsletters like a pro. Simply drag email blocks and drop them where you want. Their pre-built blocks support a variety of designs, video, social media, and dynamic content.
- Pop-up subscribe forms: This helps to convert your website visitors into newsletter subscribers with their dynamic pop-up options. You get to choose from a variety of pop-ups and then customize your settings. Anyone can create beautiful email newsletter signup forms with just a few clicks.
- Embedded signup forms: Build website signup forms that fit your brand style. They make it easy for you to create and embed signup forms to generate new leads.
- Interest groups: This feature called Interest groups or tags is a great way to target specific audiences by adding personalized labels to subscribers. Build interest groups based on their behaviors or interests (e.g. Bloggers, designers, creators, etc.).
- Time zone email delivery: This ensures that subscribers are able to get your emails at the same time in specific time zones across the world. Say bye to midnight emails, unless you choose to set it that way.
- Auto resend unopened campaigns: With the use of this awesome feature, you gain more audience by giving your subscribers the chance to open up your newsletters in case they missed it the first time by using the auto resend feature.
- RSS to email: Your viewers deserve to hear from you anytime you post something new to them. Their email RSS function inserts your latest content into an email automatically and delivers it to your subscribers on a timeline you manage.
Pros of MailerLite:
- Offers step by step tutorials for non-marketing users
- Affordable pricing
- Great deliverability rate
- Might experience difficulty setting up
- Account approval might be tasking
Pricing of MailerLite:
MailerLite lets you grow your email list for free until you reach 1000 subscribers however the threshold is 12,000 emails per month.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers — $10 per month
- 1,001 – 2,500 subscribers — $15 per month
- 2,501 – 5,000 subscribers — $30 per month
- 5,001 – 10,000 subscribers — $50 per month
- 10,001 – 15,000 subscribers — $75 per month
- 15,001 – 20,000 subscribers — $100 per month
- 20,001 – 25,000 subscribers — $120 per month
- 25,001 – 30,000 subscribers — $140 per month.
You also get a whopping discount of 30% when you sign up for annual billing.
This email marketing software offers a variety of splendid tools, and while others might feel like they try to do everything which might face a problem, I believe it is one of their most robust suites, enabling their users to get an all-in-one package.
CRM, landing pages, email marketing, marketing automation, chat, forms, and everything in between.
Their email marketing software makes it one of the easiest ways to create, personalize, and optimize your emails without being tech-savvy. They also provide a lot of custom features that you can pick from.
This is a great platform for all business types ranging from small businesses to large businesses.
Hubspot, email marketing tool, is one of the services in which they offer. It can be used on its own, but its value multiplies when incorporated with their marketing hub and CRM.
Key Features of Hubspot:
- Pre-made templates: You get access to a library of built-in templates designed for every step of your customer’s journey or create your own from scratch. This means you save hours sending out repetitive emails and become more productive with more difficult tasks.
- When creating an email, you either use one of their pre-made email templates or start from scratch. These templates allow you to add text, images, buttons, dividers, and all different kinds of assets and layouts.
- Drag-and-drop editor: Hubspot also has a simple and easy to use drag and drop editor. This feature allows you to easily create marketing emails that feel just right. Customize your layout, add calls-to-action and images, and modify your content and colors to match your brand.
- Personalize your emails to gain more clicks: You can tailor your emails to each subscriber using this tool thereby ensuring that more of your emails and links are opened.
- You can also use an email subscriber’s lifecycle stage, list membership, or other information in their contact record to automatically serve up the most relevant subject lines, content, links, attachments, and call-to-action.
- After that just schedule your email campaign, hit send and you can be sure that your email will show up in each inbox at the best time, regardless of the time zone differences.
- A/B tests and Analytics: Their A/B testing tool and engagement analytics are second to none. Use this to maximize the impact of your most important email campaigns. You A/B test to discover the subject lines that get the most opportunities, and the content and calls-to-action that get you higher interaction rates and more revenue. Go further into the data to see who gets involved with each email and when, what device they’re using, the most popular links and documents, and more. To develop new experiments that can carry conversion rates to new heights, use this insight.
Pros of Hubspot:
- Training and webinars offered are one of the best.
- Great marketing automation.
- CRM Integration.
- Free version available with stellar features.
- Expensive pricing plans.
- The starter plan doesn’t offer A/B testing.
- CRM configuration isn’t flexible.
Pricing of Hubspot:
Hubspot offers a lifetime free email tool with limited features. Their marketing hub consists of 3 levels: Starter, Professionals, and enterprise. The starter package is $45 per month (discounted price) for 2000 emails sends per month, basic analytics, and an email marketing platform. The starter package supports only five currencies.
The professional plan costs $800 per month which is billed annually giving you access to 2,000 contacts, marketing automation, A/B testing, smart content, reporting, and many other features that are excluded from the starter package. The professional plan grows more international supporting up to 30 currencies as opposed to the starter plan.
The enterprise plan costs $3,200 per month, billed annually. You gain access to 10,000 contacts, adaptive testing, advanced revenue reporting, and many more advanced features added.
Hubspot is one of the most expensive marketing tools in the market, however with the wide range of features offered, it gives you value for your money.
So this is the list of some of the best email marketing software and email automation tools that will be useful to you.
What is Email Marketing?
You may have been wondering what the rave is all about and want in on the gist. Well, email marketing has been around for a long time, and while others may think that it is no longer in use, well, that is an entirely wrong perception.
Email marketing is a powerful content marketing technique that many e-commerce businesses use today.
It is just one form of internet marketing, which encompasses online marketing via websites, social media, blogs, and many more.
Email marketing is a form of digital and direct marketing that involves sending optimized emails to potential clients, nurturing them, and turning them into customers with strong relationships with your company.
Email marketing can include emails with business information, or promotional discounts and special offers for subscribers. Marketing emails can often attempt to share a general message on behalf of the organization, such as after a natural catastrophe or a corporate scandal.
So is email marketing still relevant? Yes, it is.
Today, email marketing is still going high and is probably the best approach imaginable for your company.
Email marketing is still ranked as the most powerful marketing channel, beating out social media, SEO, and affiliate marketing, based on 2018 results.
Data also shows that more people who subscribe to emails buy more commodities than those who don’t, making up for an ROI (Returns on Investment) of approximately 138%. That is pretty high compared to other forms of digital marketing strategies.
Data from 2017 shows that most people are on email—85% of adult internet users in the US.
That beats out search engines by 15% and social media by 22%—not small numbers in an industry that gets excited over single-digit conversion rate improvements.
That’s why building a successful email marketing campaign is more important than ever for entrepreneurs.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Email marketing is useful because it is quick, cost-effective, and reliable. Using this marketing strategy lets you reach new clients and maintain current ones by facilitating frequent visits to a site.
Email prompts the recipient to makes a conscious action, and this is because an email can remain in the mailbox until it is either read, removed, or archived. This makes it a powerful marketing tactic for companies to use.
Email marketing will help you create an audience connection while still pushing traffic to your blog, social media, or everywhere else you want people to come. You can also demographically segment the emails and target audiences, so you just give people the things they want to see the most.
Most Email marketing tools go hand in hand with social media. Including “Like” or “Share” social media buttons in your marketing emails allows consumers a different way to communicate with your company.
Snippets of constructive comments from social media followers can be used in emails, and social media updates can prompt consumers to the email newsletters.
In order to turn them into repeat clients, email marketing can also be used to create trust with clients over time. Any profitable organization recognizes that repeat clients are how the company can generate sustained growth over time.
Repeat consumers are satisfied customers, after all. And the company is suggested to others by pleased clients. It is also an efficient way to keep your clients updated on your new items, promotions, or promotional deals.
What is Email Marketing Software?
Email Marketing Software Systems are programs that help you to schedule, conduct, and track your email marketing campaigns.
This email marketing software can be used for several purposes, from developing a list of email recipients, designing and making personalized email templates, to building segmented lists for the sending of more selective, appropriate emails.
The software helps advertisers to do far more than just send emails, with a range of programs, resources, and tools.
This is a wonderful opportunity for any company owner who might have less time on their hands to keep track of every aspect of their email campaigns.
You can also use email marketing software to track analytics like click-through rates, deliverability, open rates, bounce rates, and conversion rates.
Getting started with Email Marketing
This is a simple guide to get you started with email marketing.
1. Set your goals
It can be very easy to sign up for an email marketing provider service and send your first campaign, however, approximately every customer gets sent more than a hundred emails every day.
This means that if you don’t take the time to build your strategies and goals, your emails will be missed in a pile of busy inboxes, or even worse it will be sent to the spam box.
This is why setting your goals comes in as the first thing to do when starting in email marketing.
2. Defining your audience
The first step involves defining your audience. Know what your target market wants and tailor your emails to their needs.
Planning what you want to do with email before you start sending it, makes it much easier to decide what to send and who to send it to, and lets you develop focused, high-performing email campaigns that can meet your marketing targets.
3. Choosing the right email marketing provider
Find an email marketing provider that suits your goals. There are numerous email marketing software such as HubSpot, Constant Contact, with distinguishing features. Use our guide above to find the best email marketing tool that is best for your brand.
What to consider when choosing Email Marketing Software
Although common interests and topics are shared by your audience, each interaction is special. You want to have the right message for each of your customers to make sure your emails have the most effect.
CRM software or technology is a tool that allows companies to aggregate, coordinate, and analyze customer data to best handle customer relationships. Your CRM is one of your greatest assets when you work in digital marketing.
It takes time to manually edit lists and submit emails, so using an email marketing tool that easily combines with your CRM would provide you with a hassle-free way to handle important content and consumer details, as well as provide you with an analysis of key metrics (open rates, click-through rates) and see which campaigns work better.
More and more people check their emails through their mobile devices which means it is important to use a marketing software tool with great mobile optimization features.
The major reason for using an email marketing software tool is to save time and energy therefore you need an emailing platform you can use efficiently and effectively even without being a professional.
You’ll want smooth drag-and-drop functionality, quick codes, and convenient usability with realistic and simple scheduling, no matter what device you’re using.
This is a very important point to consider. You need to know how the price of the email marketing software fits into the budget of your company and how much impact it will have after purchasing it.
Build your Contact List
You need to have a strong contact list to have an efficient email marketing plan. As a budding business owner, you can start off your list with business contacts you already have a relationship with, even with a few supportive families and friends.
A great way to get started is to include an email newsletter sign-up section on your website, adding an opt-in form as part of your eCommerce section. You could also encourage your social media followers and recurring customers to sign up.
One of the fastest ways of getting people to subscribe is by using a lead magnet.
A lead magnet is an incentive that you give away for free in return for an email address. It doesn’t have to cost you much to make; most lead magnets are digital resources that you can create yourself at reduced to no cost, such as PDFs, MP3 audio files, or images.
Always make sure you give customers the option to sign up before sending emails to them so you don’t end up in the spam folders.
Your email list may take a while to grow don’t be tempted to buy an email list as this defeats the whole purpose. Email marketing is all about building long-lasting relationships with people in other to increase revenue.
Add your contacts to your account
Add your existing contacts using a spreadsheet or import directly from Gmail or Outlook. Be sure to segment your list to tailor your emails to meet target needs.
Plan and execute your first email campaign
The first thing you should plan out is your welcome mail. This is the first mail your users will see and is expected to have more open clicks than others so be sure to make it as warm and welcoming as possible Also give an overview of what they should be expecting.
Choose an email campaign type
Determine what kind of email campaigns you will be sending and at what frequency. This can cause a bit of fright to others so take time out to research the several times and what type of content you want to be giving out.
Decide how often you plan to message your list, let your audience know what to expect in advance, and adhere to a routine to create trust, so they don’t forget about you.
Common types are newsletters (contains updated contents, offers, and news), Transactional emails ( these are used in e-commerce to confirm orders, show receipts, invoices, and shipping confirmation emails), and also behavioral emails which are triggered by the actions of the subscriber such as welcome email, free trial expiration emails and many more.
Build an optimized email template
This is an awesome resource to help you with your email marketing, thankfully several email marketing softwares focus extensively on email templates so you have a lot of options to choose from.
Unless you are a top skilled designer with a lot of time on your hands, templates are a great and fun way to save time.
Always use an eye-catching template and personalize it to fit your brand style.
Always remember to preview and test out your emails before sending them out. This goes a long way to avoid common mistakes and errors, especially when you are a newbie in email marketing.
Tracking and managing your results
The three most important things you want to track are open rate, click-through rate, unsubscribe rates, and work overtime to improve on it.
Your open rates tell you how many people open up your email. This should tell you how strong your relationships are with your customers. If your open rates are low, it means you need to work harder to create value and prick interest in your readers. Also, make sure to pay attention to your subject lines and this can be a great determinant in how often your emails are clicked.
Your click-through rates show you how often the links in your emails are clicked. If you have low click rates then you have to optimize your target message or improve on better content.
Your unsubscribe rate shows you how many people clicked the unsubscribe button. The overall report shows you areas you need to improve on and how you can optimize specific needs.
Email Marketing Best Practices
1. Test email content
Be sure to send out emails to yourself or your team members before sending them out to others. This is a great way to avoid common errors and clumsy messages that include missing data and broken links.
Always test out your email content to ensure that there are no typos, the images load properly, it looks great on all devices, all the links work properly and the content has an overall finished look.
Several email marketing software have a preview tool to enable you to see the complete look of your email and how it looks on various devices before sending it out.
2. Do not spam
Always keep your content meaningful and consistent. Avoid random messages that do not correlate with what your brand is all about.
Avoid using all capital letters, too many exclamation marks, and make sure your sentences are straightforward and concise.
Buying email lists or signing people up without them opting in first is another way your email can end up in the spam folder.
3. Avoid using the no-reply sender name
Using a no-reply sender name just shows your subscribers that you don’t care. Bad enough they can’t put a face to the person sending the email, but at least put a name to it. If you don’t want to put your company’s name, you can use a name to your liking like James@company.com
4. Choose a subject line your audience would want to click on
Subject lines are of vital significance. These are the headlines that persuade a subscriber that your email is worth opening up.
Always try to keep your subject line short and catchy. Try writing the subject line after you write the other elements of your email so that you can determine which angle you want to take.
A subject line shouldn’t contain too much information otherwise your readers wouldn’t have any reason to open up the email. Your subject line should therefore drawback a bit but be relevant enough to need them wanting more.
5. Include an email signature
Even if the newsletter is technically sent to your contacts on behalf of the organization rather than the user, the email should have the signature of a real person. People are inherently more likely to read and listen to emails if they know they come from a human being, not just a collective communications squad. And your email signature will be your ticket to their notice.
6. Use a double opt-in approach
This is highly recommended as it double-checks that your subscribers actually want to be part of your email list. This method requires your recipients to click on a sign-up button and thereafter follow a link to your email.
7. Right time and frequency
Experiment with your timing to show you the best time to send emails to your readers. While data has shown that Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the best times to send in an email, it is best to personalize yours to what fits your user’s lifestyle the most.
Ensure you are always consistent with your email send-outs. Test out the appropriate frequency that works for you. Sending out 3-4 emails in a month is a great way to stay balanced without being forgotten or over the top.
A great way to make this is to schedule your email ahead of time. Note down the important dates on your calendar such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Valentine’s Day, and make posts before D-day.
This is a sure strategy that ensures your customers would be able to see those special offers before the rush hour.
8. Keep your email design consistent
Your email style should be consistent with your overall brand seen on your website, whether you use a template, employ a designer (keep in mind that not all designers are email designers), or have a developer on hand to code your emails.
It should be a smooth experience to navigate from an email to your website so they know exactly how and when they will take the next step. Creating the templates with this in mind guarantees that you provide exactly that.
9. Reward Your Subscribers
The best way to keep your subscribers is by making them feel special.
You are a guest in their inbox therefore make them know how much that means to you by rewarding them with exclusive previews, special discounts, and even freebies.
These should be something they can only get on your emails and not your social medial platforms or website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Best Email Marketing Software
How can I design an attractive email?
Using catchy images, call to action, and animated gifs that draw interest. Don’t use so many font styles, colors, and sizes of fonts. Let the spacing of the line suffice. It provides decent readability. It is nice to use vivid colors depending on the background of your emails.
Should I buy my email list or grow it myself?
As a business owner that is interested in building strong and long-lasting relationships with people, buying an email list is an absolute no for you.
This is because their email ids are not verified and they are definitely not interested in your brand. Your email campaigning efforts become a waste of time if your subscribers don’t open your emails or help you increase sales over time.
It is also very expected that your mails will be found in the spam folder as the readers have no idea how you got their address or why they are even receiving such emails.
Growing your email list might be a slow process at the beginning, but trust that it is an exponential process and will skyrocket once you get to a certain threshold. So have at it, be patient and see the reward at the end.
Can I do free email marketing?
Yes, you can but this is best for small business owners who have less than 2000 contacts.
What are the best kinds of subject lines?
This is something that is meant to prick the interest of your readers enough to increase click rates. So pick a subject line that matters to your readers and is relevant.
Use a catchy front line, ask a question you think your users might want to see, the latest update on a top pick product, or create urgency by putting a deadline on a particular offer.
A few best practices are using the language your audience is familiar with, keeping it short for mobile optimization, use clear readable words, and personalize your messages.
When is the best time to send an email?
Your users have unique preferences therefore the best way to go is to test out different times and days to see which one works best for you. However, Tuesdays and Wednesdays have better engagements, especially in the mornings.
How frequently should I send emails to my email subscribers?
Sending too frequently emails may bug your users and you may end up in the spam folder and sending too little emails may cause your readers to forget about you. Balance is the keyword here. The best way to go is to test and analyze your progress.
Sending emails 3-4 times a month should be an adequate amount however the frequency may vary from industry to industry.
What is A/B testing?
A/B testing (also known as split testing) is the method of comparing two variants of a web page, email, or other marketing asset and evaluating the performance difference.
Let’s say you have two email design layout and you want to test out which one performs better, you can send one design to one group and send out the other design to the other group.
Then you evaluate how each performs in metrics such as click rates, conversions, and traffic. This can help you in creating better designs in the future.
Should I segment my email lists?
Yes, you should, this is one of the best ways to meet target needs. Segmenting your email list is an excellent way to personalize marketing messages according to the individual interests of subscribers, making them far more effective.
What metrics should I be looking at while doing email marketing?
The open rate, click-through rate, and unsubscribes are the three most relevant indicators for email marketing. Subscribers will never see your full marketing message if your emails are not opened, and your emails will not be converted if they open them, but do not click through to your website.
Well, there you have it, 11 top email marketing software. Choosing the right email marketing tool depends on what you are looking for; we have highlighted the key features in each email marketing software, which should give you great insights on picking the right one.
If you are a small business owner and a beginner, I would recommend going with Constant Contact. If you are a blogger, then ConvertKit would be the right fit for you. If you are thinking budget-wise, then Moosend or Mailerlite should be your top pick. It is a great email marketing software packed with versatile features at affordable prices.
We hope you enjoyed this article and are able to gain useful insights on the best email marketing software.