Would you like to know how to embed your tweets on your website or blog? Then this step-by-step tutorial will guide you through the whole process.
It’s very simple to share a tweet with others by embedding it on another website or blog page, albeit Twitter only allows you to do so through its website only (Twitter Publish).
You can’t use the mobile app to do so. Before sharing you can also alter the appearance of the embedded tweet with just a few clicks.
Let’s get started with how to embed a tweet on your website or blog.
How to Embed a Tweet on your Website or Blog
Here is the step-by-step process:
Step 1: Log in to your Twitter account and search for the tweet that you want to embed in your website.
Step 2: Once you have found the Tweet, click the three dots at the top of that Tweet.
Step 3: A drop-down menu will appear – now select “Embed Tweet“.
Step 4: A new webpage (Twitter Publish page) will open. You will now have to customize the appearance of the tweet by clicking on “Set Customization Options“. You will get customization settings such as look (light or dark) and language (Automatic, English, and other languages). You can check the box “Hide Conversation” if the tweet that is going to be embedded is a reply to another Tweet, to prevent the whole thread from being embedded in the website.
Step 5: Once you are done with customizing the tweet, click on “Update” button.
Step 6: You will now have to click on “Copy Code“.
Step 7: Finally, you will have to paste the code you have copied into your blog or website. For this, you have to go to your Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress, Blogger, Medium, etc. Simply open a new post and use Custom HTML to paste the copied code. After doing this your tweet will get embedded.
- You can embed tweets only through desktop and that is via twitter.com.
- Photos and videos that are published to Twitter, as well as anything represented by a link, can be shown in an embedded Tweet.
- A Tweet from a protected Twitter account cannot be embedded.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Embedding Tweets
What does embed tweet mean?
Is it possible to embed a Tweet that includes a photo, video, or other piece of media?
What does an Embedded Tweet consist of?
I hope you will find this information useful and informative.
I also hope that you will now be able to embed tweets on your website and WordPress blog.
In case you have any questions or queries, you can ask them in the comments section provided below. I will respond to your questions as and when they are asked.
You can go to Twitter Help for more information.
- How to Change Your Twitter Handle or Twitter Username
- How to Block and Unblock Accounts on Twitter
- How to Let Recruiters Know You’re Open to Work on LinkedIn
- How to Create a Poll on LinkedIn
- How to Upload Your Resume/CV to LinkedIn
- How to Create a Company Page on LinkedIn
- What is InMail in LinkedIn and How does it Work?
- How to Create Job Alerts on LinkedIn