Are you looking to interact with your viewers and build a community on YouTube?
One way to do this is by creating a community post.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to make a community post on YouTube, as well as highlight some of the benefits of using this feature.
With a community post, you can share updates, ask for feedback, and more directly with your viewers.
So let’s get started!
Step 1: Sign in to your YouTube account
Before you can start creating a community post on YouTube, you’ll need to sign in to your account.
If you don’t already have a YouTube account, you can easily create one for free.
To sign in to your YouTube account, follow these steps:
- Go to the YouTube website (https://www.youtube.com/)
- Click on the “Sign in” button in the top right corner of the screen
- Enter your email address and password, then click “Next”
- If you have multiple accounts linked to the same email address, select the correct account from the list
- Click “Sign in”
That’s it! Now you’re signed in to your YouTube account and ready to start creating a community post.
Step 2: Go to the Community tab
Once you’re signed in to your YouTube account, it’s time to access the Community tab.
This is where you’ll find all of your previous community posts, as well as where you can create new ones.
To access the Community tab, follow these steps:
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the screen to open the main menu
- Scroll down and click on the “Community” tab
- Alternatively, you can also access the Community tab by clicking on the “Community” icon in the bottom menu bar (it looks like a speech bubble)
That’s it! You’re now in the Community tab, where you can view and create community posts.
Step 3: Click on the “New post” button
Now that you’re in the Community tab, it’s time to create a new community post.
To do this, click on the “New post” button, which is located at the top of the screen. This will open a new window where you can create your post.
That’s it! You’re now ready to start creating your community post. In the next step, we’ll go over how to choose a post type.
Step 4: Choose a post type
When creating a community post, you’ll have the option to choose from several different post types.
These include text, image, video, and more. Depending on what you want to share with your viewers, you can choose the post type that best suits your needs.
To choose a post type, follow these steps:
- After clicking on the “New post” button, you’ll see a menu with several post type options
- Click on the desired post type (e.g., text, image, video)
- If you choose the text post type, a text editor will appear where you can type out your post. If you choose the image or video post type, you’ll be able to upload a file from your computer or choose one from your YouTube channel.
That’s it! Now you’re ready to start creating your community post. In the next step, we’ll go over how to write your post.
Step 5: Write your post
Now it’s time to write your community post!
This is where you can share your thoughts, updates, or whatever else you want to share with your viewers.
Here are some tips for writing a great community post:
- Use a catchy and descriptive title: A good title can help draw viewers in and give them a sense of what your post is about.
- Write engaging and informative content: Your post should be interesting and informative for your viewers. This can help keep them engaged and encourage them to leave comments or likes.
- Use formatting and media to make your post more visually appealing: You can use bold, italics, and bullet points to break up your text and make it easier to read. You can also add media, such as images or videos, to make your post more visually appealing.
- Keep it short and to the point: While it’s important to provide enough information, try to keep your post concise and to the point. This will help keep your viewers’ attention and encourage them to read through to the end.
With these tips in mind, start writing your community post! Remember to be authentic and genuine, as this will help build trust and authenticity with your viewers.
Step 6: Add media (optional)
If you want to make your community post more visually appealing, you can add media, such as images or videos, to your post.
This is optional, and you can choose to add media or not depending on your preference.
To add media to your community post, follow these steps:
- After writing your post, click on the “Add media” button, which is located at the top of the screen
- Choose whether you want to upload a file from your computer or select one from your YouTube channel
- If you choose to upload a file from your computer, click on the “Select files” button and select the desired file(s) from your computer
- If you choose to select a file from your YouTube channel, click on the “My channel” tab and choose the desired file(s)
- Once you’ve chosen your media, click on the “Add” button to add it to your post.
That’s it! You’ve now added media to your community post.
You can add as many images or videos as you like, and you can also rearrange the order by dragging and dropping them into the desired position.
Step 7: Publish your post
Now that you’ve written and added media to your community post, it’s time to publish it.
Before you do, you can preview your post to make sure everything looks the way you want it to.
To preview your post, click on the “Preview” button, which is located at the bottom of the screen.
This will open a new window where you can see how your post will look when it’s published.
Once you’re happy with your post, click on the “Publish” button to make it live.
Your community post will now be visible to your viewers, and they’ll be able to leave comments and likes.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully created and published a community post on YouTube.
We hope you found this guide helpful and that you’ll try creating your own community posts in the future.
Hi I’m the Founder of Software Tools (Software, FinTech, Technology and How-To blog). In this blog, you will find listicles, reviews and information about various software, tools and applications.