Welcome to our guide on creating an End Portal in Minecraft!
If you’re a fan of the game, you’ve probably heard of the End Portal and know that it’s an essential part of the game’s story mode.
But for those who are new to Minecraft, let’s start by explaining exactly what an End Portal is and why you might want to create one.
The End Portal is a portal that allows you to access the End, a dimension in Minecraft that is home to the game’s final boss, the Ender Dragon.
In order to defeat the Ender Dragon and complete the game’s story mode, you must first create and enter an End Portal.
However, many players also enjoy exploring the End for its unique biomes and loot, so even if you’re not interested in defeating the Ender Dragon, you may still want to create an End Portal to experience everything the End has to offer.
So now that you know a little bit about the End Portal, let’s get started on creating one of our own!
1. Gather the Materials
Before you can begin creating your End Portal, you will need to gather the necessary materials. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Eye of Enders: These are rare items that can be found in strongholds, bastion remnants, and ruined portals, or they can be obtained by defeating endermites. You will need at least 12 Eye of Enders to create an End Portal.
- Obsidian blocks: Obsidian is a strong, black block that is created when flowing water meets lava. You can create obsidian blocks using a bucket of water and a source of lava, or you can find naturally occurring obsidian blocks in the game world. You will need at least 12 obsidian blocks to create an End Portal.
Now that you have all of the materials you need, you’re ready to start building your End Portal!
2. Create the Frame
Now it’s time to start building the frame for your End Portal. Here’s how to do it:
- First, you’ll need to find a suitable location to build your End Portal. It should be a flat area with plenty of space, and it should be located in the overworld, not in the End or the Nether.
- Once you’ve found a good location, it’s time to start placing your obsidian blocks. The End Portal frame consists of a 4×5 rectangle of obsidian blocks, so you’ll need to place 20 obsidian blocks in total.
- Once you have placed all of the obsidian blocks, it’s time to activate them using Eye of Enders. To do this, simply right-click on each obsidian block with an Eye of Ender in your hand. This will cause the block to emit a purple beam of light into the sky, indicating that it has been activated.
- Repeat this process until all of the obsidian blocks have been activated. Once all of the blocks are activated, the End Portal will be complete and you will be able to enter it.
Congratulations, you have now created an End Portal in Minecraft! You’re one step closer to defeating the Ender Dragon and completing the game’s story mode.
3. Enter the Portal
Now that you’ve created your End Portal, it’s time to enter it and see what lies beyond. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand in front of the End Portal and face it.
- Press the “use” button (E on PC, A on Xbox, X on PlayStation) to enter the portal.
- Wait for the portal to load and transport you to the End. This may take a few seconds.
When you enter the End Portal, you will be transported to the End, a dark and mysterious dimension filled with strange, floating islands and treacherous mobs.
The main objective in the End is to locate and defeat the Ender Dragon, a formidable boss that resides in the center of the main island.
However, before you can face the Ender Dragon, you will need to gather resources and equipment to help you on your journey.
The End is home to many unique mobs, such as shulkers and endermites, that drop valuable items such as Elytra and End Crystals.
You will also need to gather resources like Ender Pearls and Obsidian to help you traverse the End’s treacherous terrain.
Once you feel prepared, you can set out to find and defeat the Ender Dragon.
This will not be an easy task, but with the right gear and strategy, you can emerge victorious and complete the game’s story mode. Good luck!
4. Tips and Tricks
Creating an End Portal can be a challenging task, but with these tips and tricks, you’ll be well on your way to defeating the Ender Dragon and completing the game’s story mode.
- To find Eye of Enders, you can search for strongholds, bastion remnants, and ruined portals. These structures are rare, but they are the most likely places to find Eye of Enders. You can also try killing endermites, which have a small chance to drop Eye of Enders.
- If you’re having trouble finding obsidian, you can create your own by bringing a bucket of water into an area with lava. Simply right-click on the lava with the water bucket to turn it into obsidian blocks.
- To make the process of gathering obsidian more efficient, you can use a diamond pickaxe to mine it faster. Obsidian is very resistant to explosions, so you can also use TNT to quickly mine large quantities of obsidian, just be careful not to destroy the blocks you need for your End Portal frame.
- If you’re having trouble locating the End Portal after you’ve created it, you can use a compass to point you in the direction of the portal. Simply hold the compass in your hand and it will point towards the nearest End Portal.
With these tips and tricks, you should be well on your way to creating and entering an End Portal in Minecraft. Good luck on your journey to defeat the Ender Dragon!
In conclusion, creating an End Portal in Minecraft is a challenging but rewarding task that allows you to access the End, a mysterious and dangerous dimension filled with unique mobs and loot.
In order to create an End Portal, you will need to gather Eye of Enders and obsidian blocks, build the frame using the obsidian blocks, and then activate the blocks using the Eye of Enders.
Once the End Portal is complete, you can enter it and begin your journey to defeat the Ender Dragon and complete the game’s story mode.
We hope that this guide has helped you understand the process of creating an End Portal in Minecraft.
If you’re ready to take on the Ender Dragon and explore the End, why not give it a try?
With a little bit of preparation and a lot of determination, you can conquer the End and emerge victorious.
Good luck on your journey!