Have you ever accidentally deleted an important text message on your iPhone and wished you could get it back?
It can be frustrating to lose important conversations or information, but the good news is that there are ways to recover deleted text messages on your iPhone.
In this blog post, we’ll go over the different options you have for recovering those deleted messages, including checking the Recently Deleted folder, restoring from a backup, and using third-party recovery software.
Whether you’re trying to retrieve a cherished memory or an important piece of information, we’ve got you covered.
So, if you’re ready to learn how to recover those deleted text messages, let’s get started!
1. Check for the Deleted Text Messages in the Recently Deleted Folder
One of the first steps you should take when trying to recover deleted text messages on your iPhone is to check the Recently Deleted folder.
When you delete a text message on your iPhone, it is not immediately permanently erased from the device. Instead, it is moved to the Recently Deleted folder, which can be found within the Messages app.
To access the Recently Deleted folder, open the Messages app and tap on the “Edit” button in the top right corner.
From there, you should see a list of all the messages that have been deleted.
Simply tap on the message you want to recover and then tap on the “Recover” button. The message will be moved back to its original location in your text message history.
It’s important to note that the text messages in the Recently Deleted folder are only available for a limited time before they are permanently erased from the device.
Therefore, it’s best to check this folder as soon as you realize a message has been deleted, to increase the chances of successful recovery.
If you can’t find the message you’re looking for in the Recently Deleted folder, don’t worry – there are still other options for recovering your deleted text messages. We’ll discuss those in the next section.
2. Use a Backup to Recover Deleted Text Messages
If you’ve been regularly backing up your iPhone, you may be in luck – it’s possible to recover your deleted text messages by restoring from a backup.
A backup is a copy of all the data on your iPhone, including text messages, photos, and apps.
If you’ve made a backup of your iPhone before the text messages were deleted, you can restore the messages by restoring the backup to your device.
There are two main types of backups you can use to recover your deleted text messages: iCloud backups and iTunes backups. Let’s take a look at how to restore from each type of backup.
- iCloud backups: iCloud is a cloud storage service provided by Apple that allows you to store your iPhone’s data in the cloud.
To restore from an iCloud backup, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to “Settings” and tap on your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap on “iCloud” and then tap on “iCloud Backup.”
- Tap on “Back Up Now” to make sure you have the latest backup.
- Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Reset” and tap on “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- Follow the prompts to set up your iPhone as a new device.
- When prompted, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” and select the backup you want to restore.
- iTunes backups: iTunes is a computer program that allows you to manage the content on your iPhone, including creating backups.
To restore from an iTunes backup, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Click on the iPhone icon in the top left corner of the iTunes window.
- Click on the “Restore Backup” button.
- Choose the backup you want to restore and click “Restore.”
It’s worth noting that restoring from a backup will erase all the data on your iPhone and replace it with the data from the backup.
Therefore, it’s a good idea to make sure you have a current backup before restoring, so you don’t lose any data that you’ve added to your iPhone since the last backup.
3. Use Third-Party Software to Recover Deleted Text Messages
If you weren’t able to recover your deleted text messages using the methods above, there is still hope – you can use third-party software to try to recover the messages.
There are several options available for iPhone data recovery software, including Enigma Recovery, PhoneRescue, and Dr.Fone.
Using third-party recovery software is a fairly straightforward process:
- Download and install the recovery software on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Follow the prompts to allow the software to access your iPhone.
- Select “Text Messages” as the type of data you want to recover.
- The software will scan your iPhone for recoverable text messages.
- When the scan is complete, you’ll see a list of the recoverable text messages.
- Select the text messages you want to recover and click the “Recover” button.
It’s important to note that the success rate of recovering deleted text messages using third-party software can vary, and in some cases, it may not be possible to recover the messages.
However, it’s worth a try if you have important text messages that you need to retrieve.
In conclusion, there are several options for recovering deleted text messages on an iPhone, including checking the Recently Deleted folder, restoring from a backup, and using third-party recovery software.
While there are no guarantees, these methods can increase your chances of successfully retrieving those important conversations and information.
Hi I’m the Founder of Software Tools (Software, FinTech, Technology and How-To blog). In this blog, you will find listicles, reviews and information about various software, tools and applications.