Blogs have become one of the very prominent ways to put our word out there to the world. Undoubtedly, it has also become a grand business idea to help many people to know more about the different techniques of making online money. However, the ultimate goal whatsoever to reach the target audience remains the same and that is to find the best blogging platform.
Are you someone who also is looking to start your very own blog but can’t figure the different ways to choose the best blogging platform? Well, you are in the right place. Honestly, it’s a tough choice to find the one blogging platform since there are many to choose from.
Let’s find out the ways you can find the best blogging platform in 2021.
Choosing the Best Blogging Platform – Which One is the Best?
Before you choose the platform for yourself, it is important to consider the factors that you are looking for to choose the best blogging platform that works for you.
If you are a beginner, you should go for a blogging platform that is comparatively easy to setup. Keep in mind the different aspects of the blog that you wish to create before choosing the right platform. It becomes very difficult to switch to another platform in the future if you choose the wrong platform.
With all of these things being said, let us get down to find out some of the best blogging platforms that is going to work wonders for you if you are looking to start with blogging.
Should there even be room for doubt to even consider a blogging platform that is not WordPress? WordPress is known to be one of the most popular platforms for blogging. Currently, it has been in the top listed world’s websites offering its advantages to billions of people.
If you are looking to build your own website or looking ahead to blog, this open-source platform has covered it all for you. Just for people to know WordPress.org and WordPress.com are not the same platform.
- The RSS feed feature of WordPress gives flexibility to the users to make the most out of backlinking.
- User-friendly, customizable, and easy to use.
- Free themes and plugins allow users to construct a functional blog. More than 1,500 themes and 54,000 plugins to make a pick from.
- Friendly options for search engine
- With WordPress, making changes to content hassle-free is a nut-job.
- WordPress gives the flexibility to build blogs that are SEO optimized, URL tags, categories, for all kinds of posts that go on the website.
- Hackers can easily target WordPress since it is an open-source platform.
- WordPress customization could get a little expensive.
Some of the primary features of WordPress are as follows:
- With the help of WordPress, users can easily make content management an easy process. This in return helps to create a website that is beautiful. Additionally, users can post videos, format blogs, and so on.
- The plugin directory of WordPress is huge and offers tons of plugin extensions. Therefore, you can add forums, galleries, social networks, and so on with the help of plugins.
- WordPress offers ways to easily manage media like upload images, GIFs, PDFs, and so on. It all happens through a drag and drop feature.
It entirely depends on the web hosting service that you consider opting for. This is what decides the pricing of your WordPress. You can also pay for extra plugins to get some more additional features. In addition to that, you can pick your own domain name, WordPress theme, etc.
2. Constant Contact Website Builder
When we speak of an A.I.-powered website builder that also counts as the best blogging platform is Constant Contact Website Builder. The website lets you create free blogs, websites, and you can opt for an online store if you wish to.
There are tons of templates that you can choose to enhance and customize your website. This can be done easily through the drag and drop feature. There are many other tools that one can access. Some of which include a custom logo maker, stock photo library that contains more than 500k+ images.
- With all the paid plans, you get a free SSL certificate.
- Easy and quick process for setup. This becomes easy as the Constant Contact website is in constant support for you.
- Trial free for 60 days that will help in easily accessing and building an online store before you buy it.
- No technical skills needed since it is easy to drag and drop.
- The developer world is a small place and hence, they don’t have a lot of third party plugins like that in WordPress.
- Third-party platforms allow easy integration.
- You can’t export your website to another platform with the help of Contact Website Builder.
This is called one of the best blogging platforms as Constant Contact Website Builder offers its users a trial of 60 days that will help in creating a blog. With the trial version, you get access to creating blogs, websites, logos, and many more.
This is known to be one of the best blogging platforms that have expertise in offering a premium experience to users. If you have recently started blogging, then the free version of Wix is bound to bring tons of features to use wisely.
- You can create tons of website designs in a fraction of seconds using the amazing AI builder feature to create stunning blogs for your website.
- Payment options and their integration is pretty easy.
- SSL is free with Wix. With free SSL, it becomes convenient to rank your blogs.
- Its functional editor makes it easy for users to create social media posts.
- Tons of customizations can be a little hectic for users to interpret and understand.
- If your website goes live, it is difficult for users to switch to another template.
Wix is known to be one of the best websites for blogging. Some of its extensive features are as added below.
- Drag and Drop Feature helps users and bloggers to effectively use the feature. Customization becomes easier with the drag feature.
- In order to SEO optimize the articles, the website allows users to fill in keywords, tags, metadata, and so on.
- Every website that is built on Wix.com allows users to open them at a lightning speed. So that users don’t face any trouble with the loading speed, the optimization is pretty neat.
Wix has a free plan for its users. However, you can always opt to pay if you wish to use features like unlimited bandwidth, domain, free URLs, and so on. Monthly payment starts at $13/month and you can easily register for the same.
Ghost ranks in our list of best blogging platform because of how easy it is to use. The neat, clean, and optimized user interface of the platform makes it an easy option for bloggers to consider this as their go-to blogging platform.
The primary focus of the platform is to focus on writing posts mainly for blogs. Additionally, you also get different ways to organize and optimize your blogs in a hassle-free manner.
- The user interface is very streamlined, clean, and interactive that makes it easy to use for users.
- Customize your blogs instantly with the amazing themes that the website offers.
- If you opt for the hosted version, you don’t have to pay any money for the same.
- The theme inbuilt library has limitations and allows users to limit the theme usage.
- Customization of apps is difficult.
- Installation can get a little hectic.
- The SEO customization tool makes it easy for bloggers to turn their posts into SEO friendly parts and additionally can help them rank on the internet.
- Tons of themes and templates from libraries to pick from. Alternatively, you can also pay to get your hands on more features.
- Reading and writing blog posts on Ghost is very easy as the user interface is very convenient to use.
There are three pricing plans that are associated with Ghost.
- The basic plan for $29
- The standard plan for $79
- Business plan for $199
If you have been a part of the blogging world for a long time now, you certainly know about Tumblr. It is more of a platform that allows easy microblogging options to users. The website is a great blend of a blogging platform and additionally is a social media platform used by many. It is slightly different than any other blogging platform and is a lot on the vibrant side.
Some of its social networking features include accessibility to follow other blogs, share tools, and so on. However, it still ranks to be one of the best blogging platforms.
- With Tumblr, you get a Tumblr sub-domain. Therefore, if you have a premium domain, you can easily add it to your Tumblr account.
- Setting up the platform and its usage is trouble-free
- Since it is a platform embedded with a microblogging feature, it allows creating blogs, videos, GIFs, images, and audio, etc.
- If you are a speaker, you can also use it for entertainment and for discussion on other topics.
- You can change the look and feel for adding enhancement to your blog posts.
- Share blogs and comment on trending posts to feature yourself on others’ posts.
- Regardless of your blog growth, the features that Tumblr offers is pretty limited to its usage.
- You can choose any theme from the pre-existing features.
- You can get your hands-on good themes for which you will have to pay an amount.
- It is not a full-fledged website, therefore there is not much that one can expect out of this blogging platform.
1. The simple dashboard of the platform is very enhanced for users to use every feature that Tumblr offers.
2. Leveraging of discussion forum feature for people so that it is easy for them to hold public discussions. You can conduct various discussions on various topics and subjects to share opinions and thoughts. Users easily engage themselves with such features.
3. Tumblr as mentioned is one of the best blogging platforms that allows users to share posts, memes, jokes, and so on. Furthermore, you can also talk about videos and photos on the platform.
4. The look and feel of Tumblr is also customizable as you can do HTML editing. Additionally, using domain names that are custom-made is also easy.
Tumblr is completely free to use. All you need to do is sign-up and start using the platform. However, to understand some of the features you might need to pay more.
Next one in our list of best blogging platform is Drupal. Undoubtedly, it has successfully established to be a blogging platform that conducts small businesses. It helps in content managing in an effective manner.
- In order to keep the system safe, there are regular security release updates.
- It allows easily scaling so that the demands of the website are easily met with the help of just a few clicks.
- For Drupal Users, it gets easy to resolve their issues and be a part of a community that provides extensive support to all of its users.
- The open system code of the platform is available for users to use and enhance. For easy customization, you can also consider different themes and templates.
- Drupal tilts a little bit on the complex side to use. The learning curve is pretty huge if you wish to dive in deeper.
- Tons of themes available for users, however, not all of them are free. Users will have to pay a good amount to buy the best themes from the lot.
- Customization that is not conducted in the right manner might cause harm and impact the overall working of your website.
1. If you consider Drupal as your blogging platform, then you have to worry the least as the platform is very secure in all terms. The proximity of the website is prone to attacks is minimal because of its outbound high-end security
2. There are different ways that the website offers its wide support to different genres like content management, Podcasts, Playlists, and so on. These features are the highlights among many others.
3. There are tons of extensions that Drupal offers to its audience. The units are mostly reliable, systematic, and secure.
4. There are many different ways that users can adjust the content which belongs to different groups, sections, sheets, etc.
You don’t have to pay a penny when you are creating a website through Drupal. It is completely free of cost. However, there might be additional costs that you would need to pay to maintain the website. It may go up to $500/month or even higher depend on the kind of maintenance the website needs.
What does ‘Best Blogging or an Ideal Blogging’ Website Means?
Simply put, a blogging platform is nothing but a web-based tool that will help bloggers who belong to different sectors to set up their post blogs on their website easily. If you have proper internet, you are good to go to start with a blog post and simultaneously read them too.
There are tons of factors that you must consider before you even think of getting started with your own blog. If you have an idea of a Content Management System, then a blogging platform is similar to that. Managing and tracking users’ content online is a great option that a blogging platform offers.
If you have the idea, WordPress came into existence as a Content Management System and in the present time, powers over 30% of blogging websites that are present in the world.
In the present time, a blogging platform provides an edge and control over how you design your site. For example, WordPress users are capable of using tons of free and premium themes that will help in controlling the design and layout of the website. Additionally, you don’t even need to hire a developer even if you don’t have the developer skills.
How can you select the best blogging platform?
Once you have successfully decided on the blogging platform, there are certain criteria that you must look into before launching your website.
Some of the parameters to decide the one best blogging platform that works the best for you are: –
If you are a beginner, you must choose a platform that is completely free. However, if you can afford it, you should definitely consider opting for platforms that are self-hosted. You will have to pay a few bucks to get a hosted website. With a new website, you get a lot of space to adjust your website and extend them. Additionally, you can also customize it as per your needs and requirement.
2. Extensions and Plugins
Well, not today but in the future, you may want to extend the number of regular blogs you post on your website. If you opt for a blogging platform that is complex, extending it will be a tough deal to get going. Therefore, go for a blogging platform extending which is easy and flexible, also has room for expansion.
3. Monetary Gains
Well, we definitely look forward to earning some money from our blog. There are many free platforms that will not allow the promotion of ads. However, with the paid version you get to have full control over your blog post that you submit on your website. This makes it easy for you to do whatever you wish to do with your website.
4. Growth Potential
The internet is quite an unpredictable place to be. You never know what is there in store for you. You and your website can get viral in just a matter of time. There is a huge potential that you can get out of your blogging platform once you know the right way to channelize it.
Presently, there are tons of blogs that started their websites on a specific niche and have now grown to be popular in their area. Therefore, the best pay to extract potential would be to look for a platform that is easy to scale and supports massive traffic coming from all the place at once.
These are some of the factors to consider out of many others before you proceed to install and get started with your own blogging platform. Make sure to know the ground rules and adjustments before launching your website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which out of the following is the best blogging platform?
Which blogging platform is the most easy to use?
How difficult or easy it is to connect your domain name with your blog?
Choosing a blogging platform is a choice that you will make and never regret and hence, it also depends on how you wish to monetize your blog. The features, the amount, and everything you are willing to spend is some of the primary factors that you can’t ignore in case you are looking ahead to launch your own platform.
The best go-to options which are also one of our personal favorites are WordPress and Blogger both of which excel in what they do. Furthermore, there are many other websites that you can consider like Wix or Squarespace that will also pretty much end up offering great results.
We would always advise you to consider all the factors that are primary before you finally name a platform and consider it as the best. Scalability, affordability, accommodation, transparency, and so on are some of the key essences of a blogging platform.