From Business personnel to school students, the need for files and documents is limitless. Be it an annual business report or class project, every document is done digitally. And Google Docs might be the best solution for that. Let’s go through the Google Docs review.
Gone are the days where we have to be rooted in the same place until the whole document is typed and saved. Now are the days to edit your documents on the go. You can edit it on your laptop and continue editing on your mobile. All thanks to Google Docs.
Google Docs has bought a revolution on the whole document editing process. It gives you ease of use, mobility, flexibility, collaborations with others etc.
It is an all-in-one document tool for all our needs. In this article, we are going to learn about Google Docs in detail.
What is Google Docs?
Google Docs is one of the best word processors in the market. It was first released on March 9, 2006. It was just a mere text editing software. From there it has grown into an all-in-one word processing solution. It has an intuitive interface, easy sharing and collaborations, and a robust cloud-based autosave feature.
Google Docs has a vast library of templates that you can choose from based on your needs. It has additional tools like find and replace, word counter, search, etc. These features save lots of time and makes it very easy to work on a document. You can also enhance the documents with images, videos, flowcharts, google sheets, google forms, etc.
Google Docs is one of the seamless softwares that is easy to access from any device. You can edit your files both online and offline. And you don’t have to download the application either. You can just edit it on the browser.
Google Docs is a robust and fail safe software. It comes with the trust and security of Google. Thus many business giants have come to rely on it.
Google Docs Quality Score
Features of Google Docs
- You can write, edit and collaborate on a file for free.
- Wide Range of templates for different file formats like formal letters, Resume, blogs, assignments, etc.
- It has lots of resources like a wide range of fonts, word counter, add links, images, drawings, etc.
- The files are stored in the Google Cloud that allows them to be used on multiple devices like Android, iPad, laptops, etc. simultaneously.
- Unlimited revision history. None of your data is truly lost.
- Automatic save feature. Whatever you write is automatically saved as you write.
- You can search for multimedia or other information on the web without leaving the application.
- It works with all types of files like rich text format, pdf, word, etc.
- You can share the document with others via Gmail. You will have the authority to control their access to the document.
- You can chat and comment on the document by tagging a person’s Gmail address.
- You can exit your files with or without the internet.
- You can integrate third-party services like Grammarly, LucidChart diagrams, etc to improve the efficiency of documents.
Benefits of Google Docs
Google Docs is one of the most useful editing software and its benefits are endless. Some of them are listed here.
- Edit your files and reports on the go. It is compatible with multiple devices.
- The best cloud-based office suite that also automatically saves changes. So you don’t have to worry about losing data.
- It is also the best software to collaborate and share documents with co-workers.
- All in one document solution supporting various files. It also supports file type conversion. Thus you only need Google Docs to create any type of file.
- Easy to use for all types of users regardless of their technical knowledge with the wide range of templates and one-click document creation.
- The search feature is a time saver. You can search for images and information within the application.
- The commenting and highlighting feature is a lifesaver for higher authorities. They can easily go through a document and specify changes right in the document.
Google Docs Integrations
Pricing Plans of Google Docs
Google Docs comes as a part of the G-Suite along with many other Google services.
- The personal accounts and services are free for a lifetime.
- The business starter costs $6 per month with 30 GB cloud storage, business email, etc.
- The business standard costs $12 per month with 2TB cloud storage, custom email, 150+ participant in Google Meet, etc.
- The business plus costs $18 per month with 5TB storage, eDiscovery, retention, Enhanced security, etc.
- The Enterprise is customizable by contacting the sales. It allows you unlimited cloud storage, enhanced support, and security, 250+ participant meeting, etc.
Google Docs Alternatives
1. Microsoft Office
A direct and well-known alternative to Google Docs is Microsoft Word. It allows you to edit, share, collaborate, highlight and comment on your document. Like Google Docs, it also has handy templates for different types of documents.
2. Zoho Docs
Zoho Docs is a strong alternative for Google Docs. It has an excellent editor, an organized interface, and a visually pleasing sidebar. In addition, it has some advanced features like Zoho chat, digital signature support, and mail merging.
3. DropBox Paper
DropBox Paper is a quick and handy text editing alternative to Google Docs. DropBox Paper specializes in adding images, embedding media, and editing in markdown language.
Google Docs Review Video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on Google Docs
Does Google Docs work offline?
Yes, Google Docs work offline.
Is Google Docs a paid service?
Google Docs is completely free for personal use. The Gsuite business plan is a paid service.
Can I convert Google Docs into a pdf?
Yes, you can convert it into pdf and many more types of file. Just click send a copy and you can choose the type of file you want it to be.
Can I share my files with someone so they can edit it?
Yes, you can. All you have to do is, click Manage People and links in the menu. From there you can set the link access as editor. Any person with that link can edit your document.
Google Docs is a robust online word processing software. Its ease of use and access make it stand at the top of the market. It can be used by everyone including kids, students, office personals, etc. It is also very affordable.
Google has provided top-notch software through Google Docs. So if you are looking for the best word processor, then try Google Docs for free.
You Might Like
Hi, I’m Chandan Negi, Founder of SoftwareTools – a Software Review Blog that provides Software Reviews, SaaS Software, Software Tutorials, and Software Products.